PPSC ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT JAIL PAST PAPER
1. Profane means
a) Unholy b) Holy c) Lovely d) Ugly
2. Gorgeous means
a) Glorious b) Splendor c) Worthy d) Costly
3. Theist means
a) Believer b) Sectarian c) Scholar d) Worship
4. I am ignorant______ your faults.
a) of b) in c) to d) on
5. I prefer milk _______ tea.
a) to b) from c) for d) with
6. He is famous ____ his honesty.
a) for b) in c) of d) to
7. I am keen_____ fashion.
a) to b) for c) in d) to
8. Believe ______ Allah.
a) in b) on c) at d) to
9. What is time _____ your watch.
a) by b) in c) to d) on
10. I shall back____ you every time.
a) up b) to c) of d) down
11. Lend a hand means.
a) to help b) to lend money c) to talk d) to bring
12. Null and void means.
a) void by law b) valid by law c) false d) True
13. Ins and outs means.
a) explanation b) Expression c) impression d) Vision
14. Turn _____ the left.
a) to b) on c) to d) with
15. He is lame ______ one leg.
a) of b) with c) in d) to
16. He is kind ____ me.
a) to b) on c) of d)for
17. I am sure ____ my success.
a) of b) on c) in d) to
18. I am fond ____ football.
a) Of b) in c) for d) at
19. Give ___ smoking.
a) up b) to c) in d) for
20. Abu Ubaidah bin Jarrah was the conqueror of_________ Egypt
(a) Yarmuk (b) Iran c) Iraq (d) None of these.
21. The first mosque built for Muslims was:
(a) Quba Mosque (b) Bait-ul-Maqdas (c) Nabvi Mosque (d) None of these
22. Musailma Kazzab was killed by:
(a) Khalid bin Walid (b) Wahshi (c) Hazrat Abbas (d) None of these
23. At Qadsia ________ commanded the Muslim army.
(a) Saad bin Abi Waqas (b) Khalid bin Waleed (c) Ikrama (d) None of these
24. Spain was conquered by:
(a) Tariq bin Ziyad (b) Mohmud Ghaznawi (c) Musa bin Nusair (d) None of these
25. Which is the 3rd Sura in Al-Quran?
(a) Aal-e-Imran (b) Al-Maida (c) An_Nisa (d) None of these
26. Khilafat-e-Rashida lasted for about:
(a) 60 years (b) 30 years (c) 80 years (d) None of these
27. Baghdad was founded by:
(a) Harun (b) Mansur (c) Mamun (d) None of these
28. Under which Caliph, Sindh was invaded by Muhammad bin Qasim in 711 AD?
a) Muawiyah b) Al-Walid I c) Abdul Malik d)None of these
29. He was the Governor – General of Indo-Pakistan before Mountbatten:
a) Lord Cruzan b) Lord Wavel c) Lord Minto d) Redclif
30. Election to the First Constituent Assembly of Pakistan took place in:
a) 1947 b) 1946 c) 1954 d) 1971
31. First census of Pakistan was held in
a) 1950 b)1951 ) c) 1954 d) 1955
32. State Bank of Pakistan was inaugurated by Quaid in.
a) June 1948 b) July 1948 c) July 1948d) Dec 1948
33. “The Myth of Independence” was written by
a)I.H Qurashi b) Z.A. Bhutto c) Ayub Khsn d) G.W Chudhary
34. Liaqat Nehru Pact announced at Delhi in.
a) April 1951 b) April 1950 c) April 1952 d) April 1953
35. Ghlam Muhammad dissolve the Constituent assembly on:
a) 26th October, 1954 b) 24th October, 1954 c) 28th October, 1954 d) 27th October, 1954
36. Simla Deputation was led by
a) Liaqat Ali b) Sir Agha Khan c) Ch. Rehmat Ali d) Waqarul Mulk
37. Separate electorate was awarded to Muslims in
a)1916 b) 1909 c) 1919 d) 1932
38. “Comarade” was started by
a)Allama Iqbal b) Moulana Muhammad Ali c) Zafar Ali Khan d) Sir.Syed Ali Khan
39. “Zamindar” was brought about by
a)Iqbal b) Zafar Ali Khan c) Moulana Johar d) Ch.Rehamat Ali
40. Moplah rising in Malabar took place in
a) 1926 b) 1921 c) 1922 d) 1923
41. Chauri Chaura incident took place in
a) 1919 b) 1922 c) 1920 d) 1921
42. Simon Commission was sent to India in
a) 1929 b) 1927 c) 1928 d) 1930
43. Dyarchy was scrapped in
a) 1916 b) 1919 c) 1912 d) 1920
44. The Peking news was the first newspaper of the world.
a)Myanmar b) china c) Japan d) S.Korea
45. “Plague” is a disease, which spreads by.
a)Rabbit b) Rat c) Cat d) Dog
46. Where is Kallar Kahar situated?
a)Rwalpindi b) Chakwal c) Jehlum d) Dina
47. Rohtas Fort” was constructed on the bank river of Jhelum by (on Sher Shah’s order).
`a)Asfhani b) Todar Mal c) Miam Mir d) Abu Al Fazal
48. The capital of Argentina is.
a)Khelat b) Buenos Aires c) Peraug d) Sydney
49. “ANTARA” is the news agency of.
a) Sri Linka b) Russia c) Indonesia d) Malyshia
50. The river Danube rises in which country?
a) France b) Denmark c) Germany d) U.K
51. “Silk Air” is an airline of.
a) Germany b) Switzerland c) Singapore d) Vietnam
52. Of where is Amman the capital?
a) Oman b) Qatar c) Jordan d) Lebanon
53. Apiphobia is a fear of what?
a) Darkness b) Height c) Bees d) Birds
54. What is the national airline of Russia?
a) Lufthansa b) Silk Air c) Aeroflot d) Attartas
55. What was the former name for Sri Lanka?
a) Sri Bhagwan Pora b) Lanka c) Ceylon d) Adamia
56. Of where is Sofia the capital?
a) Azerbijan b) Seyria c) Bulgaria d)Oman
57. Great victoria desert is present in
a) Uganda b) Mangolia c) Australia d) China
58. Shahnama was written by:
a) Zafar Ali Khan b) Abu Al Kalam Azad c) Firdausi d) Hafeez Jalandhri
59. “Paradise Regained and Paradise Last” written by
a) Jan Austen b) Tolstoy c) John Milton d) Wolpert
60. The country known as the Land of White Elephant is
a) Nepal b) Bangladesh c) Thailand d) Sri Lanka
61. FORMOSA is the old name of.
a) Leobnan b) Japan c) Taiwan d) Vietnam
62. The coldest planet is
a) Earth b) Venus c) Neptune d) Pluto
63. Unit of work in SI units is
a) Watt b) Mole c) Joule d) Newton
64. ‘Broadway Street’ is famous for
a) Newspaper b) Banking c) Cinema Halls d) Stock Exchange
65. Eagle is the national emblem of
a) Turkey b) France c) Spain d) Germany
66. Hygrometer is used to measure:
67. a) Pressure b) Water c) humidity d) Air
68. The writer of The Spirit of Islam is
a) Molana Muhammad Ali Johar b) Allama Iqbal c) Amir Ali d) Sir. Syed Ali Khan
69. Who wrote India wins Freedom?
a) G.W Chudhary b) Stonly Wolpert c) Maulana Abu’al Kalam Azad d)Amir Ali
70. War and Peace book is written by
a) Wolpert b) Richerd Nixon c) Leo Tolstoy d) Jan Austen
71. Pakistan’s second Governer General and 2nd Prime Minister was?
a) Feroz Khan Noon b) Sikandar Mirza c) Khawaja Nazimuddin d) Chudhary Muhammad Ali
72. Syed Ameer Ali founded Muslim League’s branch at London in.
a) 1905 b) 1907 c) 1908 d) 1909
73. Hottest place is Aziziyah in,
a) Mangolia b) Iran c) Libya d) Egypt
74. National emblem of Pakistan is.
a) Horse b) Star c) Eagle d) Cresent
75. Length of Indus River is
a) 2400 km b) 2700 km c) 2800 km d) 2900 km
76. Saiful Maluk is near
a) Chitral b) Gilgat c) Kaghan d) Naran
77. Qutab Minar is in
a) Lahore b) Lakhnao c) Aagra d) Delhi
78. ‘City of flowers’ is called
a) Muree b) Lahore c) Quetta d) Peshawar
79. Johor strait separates Malaysia from.
a) Sri Lanka b) Nepal c) India d) Singapore
80. Malacca (Indonesia) strait separates Sumatra from Malay Peninsula. It is ______________strait in the world.
a) Tallest b) Smallest c) Largest d) longest
81. First battle of Panipat was fought b/w __________ and Babur in 1526.
a) Sher Shah Sori b) Ghiaasu Din Tughlaq c) Behlol Lodhi d) Ibrahim Lodhi
82. _______________ links Pacific Ocean with Atlantic Ocean.
a) Lyloyed Canal b) Goti Canal c)Suez Canal d) Panama Canal
83. Taklimankan is desert in.
a) Afghanistan b) Iraq c) Iran d) China
84. Cathy Pacific is an airline of.
a) Japan b) S.Korea c) Vietnam d) Hong Kong
85. NAM was founded in
a) 1969 b) 1963 c) 1962 d) 1961
86. SAARC was formed at ___________ in December, 1985.
a) Chittagong b) Karachi c) New Dehli d) Dhaka
87. Ornithology is the Study of
a) Mammals b) Animal c) Bees d) birds
88. Which of the following helps in clotting of blood?
a) Vitamin C b) Vitamin A c) Vitamin D d) Vitamin K
89. Current GST rate
a) 15% b) 18 % c) 16% d) 17%
90. Naqsh-e-Faryadi is written by
a) Altaf Hussain Hali b) Mirza Ghalib c) Habib Jalib d) Faiz Ahmed Faiz
91. Theory of Evolution is by
a) Adam Smith b) Karl Marx c) Newton d) Darwin
92. CM of Baluchistan
a) Muhammad Khan Achakzai b) Parveez Khatak c) Syed Mehdi d) Abdul Malik Balooch
93. Speaker of NA
a) Syed Naveed Qamar b) Rana Iqbal c) Fehmida Mirza d) Ayaz Sadiq
94. Chirman Senat
95. a) Ishaq Dar b) Itazaz Ehsan c) Raja Zafrul Haq d) Niyar Bukhari
96. Chirman PCB
a) Ashraf b) Muhammad Qasim c) Javed Miandad d) Najam Sethi
97. Current Minister if defense
a) Ch. Nisar Ali b) Farooq Sattar c) Rana Tanveer Ul Hassan d) Nawaz Shareef
98. Who is the governor general of Punjab
a) Salman Taseer b) Latif Khosa c) Mian Ahmed Mahmood d) Ch.Sarwar
99. Total district of Punjab
a) 28 b) 30 c) 37 d) 36
100.Kala Bagh Dam is in which District
a) Mian Wali b) Nowshehra c) Mansehra d) Chakwal